Friday, July 24, 2009

Creating Site Collection from STP Template

I manally configured a site, saved that site as a template and was wondering that how can I create a site collection from that template.

For a moment I thought, it might not possible to create a site collection from the stp template then I realized there must be something or workaround to create the site collection from stp template.

After looking at the stsadm operations command I found the following command:
stsadm -o addtemplate -filename -title <title> [-description] <description>

When I tried above command to add my stp template, it did the magic for me. I was able to find my stp tempalte (while creating my site collection) under Custom tab with the same title as I provided in above command.

I hope this might be helpful for someone who is exactly looking for this kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment